The incline training helps achieve results faster than other traditional treadmills. It does so by forcing the exercisers to use their muscles efficiently. The X5i is the intermediate version of the NordicTrack Incline Trainer series.
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X5i
The NordicTrack Incline Trainers are the hybrid versions of regular treadmills and stair climbers. This model offers a track that can be tilted up to 40% while it can decline slightly. Thus, it provides more options to users other than walking a flat. The incline training helps achieve results faster than other traditional treadmills. It does so by forcing the exercisers to use their muscles efficiently. The X5i is the intermediate version of the NordicTrack Incline Trainer series.
- Has a motor of 2.25 horsepower
- The tread belt is 20 by 55 inches
- Has 2.5-inch rollers
- Can have a speed of up to 10 mph
- Has incline and decline ranging from -3% to 40%
- Maximum weight capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- Dimensions of around 69.1-inch L X 59.7-inch W X 36.8-inch H
- Lifetime warranty on motor and frame; 1-year warranty on parts and labor
What We Like
- Efficient workouts: The X5i can tilt to a 40% incline just like all the other NordicTrack incline trainers. According to a personal trainer Jillian Michaels, this much inclination helps in burning 5x the calories of walking flat. Moreover, this machine can decline the track by 3% for additional muscle toning.
- Low-impact workouts: In addition to the above, this treadmill provides faster aids in accomplishing targets much faster while putting less stress on the body.
- Console: This treadmill comes with a high-resolution Grafixx display. This not only tracks the user’s progress in real-time but also offers an ever-changing graphic readout. Moreover, there are eighteen workout programs that are built into this treadmill. NordicTrack incline trainers also provide the features of iPod compatibility, speaker systems, and a 4″ fan. These are also iFit ready. All of these features motivate as well as assist the users in training for longer durations.
- Longer track: Unlike other incline trainers, the X5i presents a 55″ track, which proves to be befitting for many runners.
- Spectacular Motor: A 2.25 HP DurX engine is used to power the simulator. This motor design uses an axial fan, which reduces noise by cooling internal components, improving the operating environment, and extending the life of the motor. You are able to train for a long time, maintaining smooth and consistent functioning.
- Cushioned exercise: This treadmill allows you to enjoy your workout for long, thanks to the “Reflex” damping technology, which reduces the shocks caused by the impact your body would otherwise suffer. This Reflex cushion technology uses a deck made from a composite structure. This material is very resistant and yet is able to absorb the constant impact to which the user is exposed. The board can be compared to a snowboard in terms of strength and flexibility. When used, the packet responds to user movement. It absorbs impact on the heel and also maintains stability on the toe. The Reflex cushioning system used on the trainer has been designed to reduce the impact on the ankles, knees, and spine and to protect important connective tissues in the ankles, knees, and hips.
- Exercise programs: This model has 9 pre-programmed incline workouts. These training programs automatically adjust the runner’s speed and incline to guide you towards your fitness goals. The user can choose between aerobic training, weight reduction, or high-performance workout. The time, speed, and incline of each workout are pre-set, so the user can choose their workout.
- Workouts with calorie goals: This model contains 9 workouts that will be useful for anyone with a goal for calories. The idea of these exercises is that the user is able to choose the calorie goal he wants to achieve during the exercise. When the workout is started, the X5i adjusts the speed, incline, and length of the workout.
- Random track generator: This cool feature helps the user stay motivated by changing the training experience. The Random Path Generator basically uses the machine computer to select parts from 9 built-in workouts and reassemble them to create new workouts. By introducing the user to new challenges, his motivation is maintained.
- Compatible with iFIT: This model supports iFIT. It’s basically a wireless Internet connection on a treadmill, but this technology has so much more. iFIT adds more features, entertains, and piques your interest by opening up a whole new set of learning experiences. Using the data provided by Google Maps and iFIT technology, the user can experience the sensation of running on any trail from anywhere in the world. iFIT also gives you the opportunity to work out with fitness trainer Jillian Michaels. If you are looking to burn calories and lose weight, Jillian’s voice will cheer you up and offer you encouragement every turn!
Another benefit of iFIT is that new exercises are automatically downloaded to the trainer. These workouts take control of the machine and automatically adjust speed and incline to provide new challenges to keep you motivated.
- Heart rate monitor: The trainer is equipped with a “CardioGrip” heart rate monitor with a double handle. This will help you get the most out of every workout by monitoring your heart rate using the sensors built into the handlebar. Heart rate monitoring ensures that you are always in the right training zone for your goals. You can get a more effective workout, burn more fat, and improve your overall cardiovascular health.
- Graphic display: The “Graffix” display is used to provide training feedback timely. The screen uses a high-resolution graphic display that tracks speed, elapsed time, distance covered, calories burned, and heart rate. The console also includes a 7×30 Cross Trainer scroll screen that graphically displays your workout and alerts you when it’s time to perform cross-training exercises.
- Speed control: The “1-Touch” control is used to control the speed. Instead of going through lengthy options, the 1-Touch system allows you to instantly change the speed of your NordicTrack Incline Trainer between 0-10 MPH at the touch of a button. You can reduce the speed immediately when you need to rest or increase it immediately for intense exercise or workout.
- Tilt control: “1-Touch” control technology is used to change the tilt with a single touch of a button instead of tediously scrolling through the options, as you would with traditional tilt controls. The slope can be set between -3 degrees and 40 degrees.
- Cooling fan: The 4-inch “CoolAire” exercise fan mounted in the console directs the airflow to the face and upper body. With the push of a button, you can choose between high or low-speed fans that will keep you cool even during your most demanding workouts.
- IPod connection: The “Interplay” music port is connected to the console. This gives you the ability to connect your iPod or any other MP3 player and play your favorite music through the integrated Interplay sound system. Just plug your iPod into the music port and then place it on a console shelf where the controls fit comfortably.
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X5i: Wow factors vs nah factors
- 25 HP DurX Commercial Motor
- Reflex Cushioning
- Graffix Display
- Scrolling Cross Display for better training experience
- Random Trail Generator
- One Touch Incline
- One Touch Speed
- Precision Rollers
- 9 Built-in Training Workouts
- 9 Built-in Calorie Goal Workouts
- Dual Grip Heart Rate Monitor
- iFIT Capatible
- Music system with acoustics 2.0 Sound
- iPOD Compatible Music Port
- CoolAire Workout Fan
- Inaccurate heart rate monitor
- Overstated user capacity
- This machine is not for runners
Decision: Should you invest in a NordicTrack Incline Trainer X5I treadmill?
The NordicTrack X5i thoroughly satisfies the users who want efficient as well as low-impact workouts. Apart from the normal treadmill functions, X5i also offers astounding 3D graphics, a stunning sound system, and amazing personal training iFit workouts. This machine is also suitable for people with shorter strides for running. This version of NordicTrack incline trainers has a better-advanced display system and more workouts than the previous X3 model.
However, it still is not considered worth an additional $600 by many. Adding to this, the X5i only supports weight up to 300 pounds. Nonetheless, people who weigh more can opt for the other model of this series called X7i, which has a capacity to uphold around 350 pounds of weight. Therefore, customers must carefully collate the features before making a purchase.
If you want a trainer on a trail and don’t need to have more imagination, this is the perfect budget choice NordicTrack has to offer. This is definitely the best value for money of the 3 Incliners. The X5i costs just $ 100 more than the X3 and has enough upgrades to easily make it worthy. However, the extra leap to the X7i is only worth it if you really need a powerful engine with more effective gadgets. If you’re okay with the basics, the NordicTrack X5i is the one I’d recommend.