NordicTrack EXP 10i
The NordicTrack EXP 10i is among the NordicTrack lineup released in 2021. This brand-new model is said to be a replacement for the NordicTrack T 9.5S.
In my opinion, there are a few comparable differences seen in both units. Despite this, I can say that this bad boy is still worth the shot.
For one, the NordicTrack EXP 10i is a powerful treadmill that houses 3.5 CHP motors. With strong motors, you can achieve smooth performance at top speed.
Another thing I like about the EXP 10i is its cushioning variability. With its highly-featured FlexSelect cushioning, you can easily mimic a real-road running experience or soften the surface to protect your joints.
The NordicTrack EXP 10i also offers a -3% decline and 12% incline capabilities.
Although this is a downgrade from the 15% incline in comparable models, I still find it helpful in my routine.
It functions perfectly in enhancing cardio workouts and helps target different muscle groups in the body. This feature also mimics outdoor running, which many runners like.
Another feature I know you’ll love about this machine (because I do, too) is its Automatic Trainer Control. It will adjust the incline, dips, and speed in REAL-TIME!
Plus, with access to workouts and analytics, you can improve your exercises and keep track of your progress. Hence, you can also tailor your routine to your fitness goals!
Despite feeling more lightweight than other models in the same price range, this treadmill can still provide AMPLE SUPPORT for up to 300 lb.
Plus, it has a folding mechanism for easy storage and takes up little floor space.
It may not be as heavy-duty as commercial treadmills. But I must say it’s a steal for your home gym needs.
- Powerful motor (3.5 CHP)
- Has incline and decline functionalities
- Adjustable FlexSelect cushioning
- Has automatic trainer control for quick adjustments
- Access to iFIT personal programs, trainers, and analytics
- Offers scenic routes for runners
- Has Bluetooth connectivity for your Bluetooth headphones
- High weight capacity
- Has folding mechanisms for effortless storage
- Small screen size for a large console
- Short-term warranty
There are a lot of things I love about the NordicTrack EXP 10i. The brand offers a bunch of features that can improve your home workout experience.
Here are a few things you can look forward to in the NordicTrack EXP 10i:
- 10″ HD Smart Touchscreen Console – the smart touchscreen console is where you can access the iFIT programs and training. I also like how I can get the outdoor feel even when exercising at home with all the scenic routes available through Google Maps.
- Automatic Trainer Control – this feature allows you to digitally adjust the treadmill’s speed, incline, and decline. It’s also in sync with the interactive sessions in iFIT, depending on the terrain and programs you’re taking.
- iFIT Interactive Personal Training – another thing I love about the EXP 10i is the iFIT Interactive Personal Training. I find this very helpful for most users, specifically beginners and those who wish to ditch the gym. Aside from giving you access to elite experts and over 17,000 workouts, this also offers statistics to track your process and fitness goals. It also offers cross-training options, including yoga and strength training. You may need to purchase a subscription for this. But each account is already good for four user profiles.
- FlexSelect Cushioning – this treadmill also offers a variety of cushioning preferences you can adjust depending on your needs. You can either make the running surface soft to minimize the impact on your joints or set up the deck to mimic the outdoors and get real-road running experiences. If you ask me, the FlexSelect cushioning is helpful for runners who have fewer chances of training outside.
- Smart Response Drive System – besides a strong motor, an intense training session needs a highly engineered machine. Luckily, the driver system of this treadmill offers a smart-response mechanism that reduces the vibration and cools down to prevent the motor from overheating. This promises the longevity of the machine for long-term use.
- Bluetooth Audio – what else can improve our mood when exercising than our favorite workout playlist, right? With the NordicTrack EXP 10i treadmill, you can easily connect your Bluetooth headphones and listen to your best-loved soundtracks. Although you can utilize its digitally amplified speakers, wireless connectivity still comes in handy when you need it.
- Auto Breeze Fan – this treadmill is also equipped with a cooling fan. In my experience, the AutoBreeze fan helped me feel comfortable, especially during intense training sessions.
- OneTouch Controls – you can control the fan, incline, decline, and speed of the treadmill with just a click of a button found on the controller. This makes it easy and convenient to operate, unlike most treadmills.
- Incline and Decline Capabilities – the 12% incline and -3% decline of the NordicTrack EXP 10i treadmill is a big plus in my book. Even if it has a lesser incline than other comparable models, it’s still an ideal machine for cardio and giving variations in workouts. This also allows for challenging terrain for runners and can help mimic outdoor tracks.
- Adjustable Speeds – powered by a strong motor, this treadmill can reach up to 12 mph of top speed. Similar to other functionalities, you can adjust it digitally through the control panel. Such speed selection is ideal for walking, jogging, and running.
- Limitless Training Options – with all its functionalities, the NordicTrack EXP 10i treadmill offers various training options, including calorie burn, yoga and mindfulness, strength training, and cross-training. Unlike other machines that only focus on physical exercises, this treadmill also cares for most users’ mental health.
- Strong Motor – this treadmill houses a strong motor of 3.5 continuous horsepower (CHP). Its motor gives enough power to fuel the machine for walking, jogging, and running. It’s also great for long-distance walking and running too. Aside from power, this motor also delivers a smooth and quiet ride, allowing you to enjoy your workouts more.
- Folding Mechanism – this model is also easy to store, given its folding mechanism. This makes the treadmill ideal for small apartments and rooms.
- 1.9″ precision and balanced non-flex rollers
- 20″ x 60″ commercial tread belt
- Two 2″ digitally amplified speakers
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist
You can get the EXP 10i treadmill in stock on the official website of NordicTrack. You can either pay in full for $1,499 (base price) or $39 monthly for 39 months (0% interest).
When you purchase the machine, you’ll be able to get a FREE 1-month subscription to iFIT.
But if you have extra bucks, I suggest getting a 1-year iFIT subscription to enjoy the perks of the NordicTrack EXP 10i.
If you do so, you will pay the price of $1,895 or $49 monthly. With this option, you’ll be able to save $72 from an annual subscription.
The annual membership will automatically renew by the end of your subscription at the price of $396.
You can also choose from other iFIT packages included in your NordicTrack treadmills:
- 2-year subscription: $2,198 or $57 monthly (save $237)
- 3-year subscription: $2,398 or $62 monthly (save $505)
This also includes the delivery fee to have the machine shipped to your address. Hence, the price for the treadmill and the iFIT subscription is all you need to give payment to.
If it’s way over your budget and you wish to pay monthly, you must present an activated credit card as you check out your treadmill.
Another thing we want to ensure when purchasing is the warranty and its terms and conditions.
Even if the brand reviews the product as free from defects for a certain period and circumstances, we must ensure that we get the assistance we need when things go wrong.
Luckily, this exercise machine is covered with a warranty (similar to other machines under iFIT).
When you get a new EXP 10i from NordicTrack, you can get a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty.
Many reviews say that the warranty could be longer, and I think the same too. Of course, we want goods that will stay with us for a long time.
Their limited warranty terms and conditions state that claims, including repairs and replacements, must be pre-authorized by iFIT.
They also emphasized that the customer shall shoulder freight, trips for in-home services, and other fees.
If you need a consultation with their agent, you can submit a form that contains your name and phone number on their website or via telephone at 1-833-680-iFIT (4348).
The dimensions of the NordicTrack EXP 10i are 79.9″ (L) x 35.08″ (W) x 59.25″ (H). Its tread belt, on the other hand, is 20″ x 60″.
Even if the new EXP 10i is not as wide as the other models (22″), I still like how I fit in its dimensions. It feels comfortable, and it has enough space for me to move.
This treadmill has a commercial tread belt of 20″ x 60″, making the deck a spacious running area for my workouts.
I also believe such a dimension is enough to support most users despite their varying heights.
Out of the box, NordicTrack didn’t tell us the actual weight of the treadmill. Hence, we have no idea of its assembled weight.
However, they stated that the in-box product weight is 229 lb. This is the weight of the treadmill, plus its packaging.
From this, we can see that NordicTrack EXP 10i is lighter compared to other treadmills of its price point.
But does weight matter for treadmills?
For me, yes. Aside from the weight limit, the actual product weight would tell us how STURDY and HEAVY-DUTY the machine would be.
Generally speaking, a treadmill that weighs heavier has a more stable deck for walking, jogging, and running. You can freely walk and run without the fear that your equipment might break down.
But, despite being lighter than other treadmills, I still like how this model has a weight capacity of over 300 lb. This is already enough for most users, although it’s pretty standard for a treadmill.
The assembly of the NordicTrack EXP 10i is fairly easy. Even if it has more steps than other treadmills, its manual will tell you right away how to install the machine properly.
It will tell you how to properly connect the deck, uprights, rails, crossbar, and console with each other. Plus, the correct installation of wirings.
Unlike other models of treadmills, you need to attach the hydraulic piston to the machine MANUALLY.
You may need someone to assist you during the installation. If you’re not quite the handyman, you can ask for professional help or assistance from friends and family.
Frequently Asked Questions Answered by Users
This review is not over yet! Let’s try answering some of your questions in this section:
Can you use NordicTrack without a subscription?
Yes, you can still use the EXP 10i for your usual walking and jogging exercises, even without an iFIT subscription. You can still customize the speeds, incline, and decline according to your needs.
However, you’ll miss all the perks that come with iFIT, including the tailored programs, statistics, and scenic routes.
These are all helpful in improving your workout experience and achieving your fitness goals.
How long do NordicTrack treadmills last?
With proper care, you’ll have your treadmill on deck for up to 10 years. It’s also good that the company has 10 years warranty for its frame.
Yet, some reviews say the labor and parts warranty should be longer.
What is the best NordicTrack for home use?
The answer to this depends on your needs and preferences. You might need to review these products yourself for better assessment.
Many people review the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 as the best model, while the Commercial 2450 gets good reviews in terms of streaming media.
But I can also argue that the EXP 10i can be a good steal for small spaces, and you can similarly get great features on a budget.
NordicTrack EXP 10i Treadmill Bottom Line Review
In this review, we learned about the features of NordicTrack EXP 10i, and I also shared with you the things I love about this treadmill.
I really like the fact that it’s powered by a strong motor to suffice my walking, jogging, and running routines. Plus, the FlexSelect cushioning gives users the freedom to have a soft or firm deck.
The NordicTrack EXP 10i is also made better with elite trainers and programs, plus data analytics that helps you achieve your fitness goals. For a big machine, it takes up little floor space and is easy to store. Is the NordicTrack EXP 10i worth it? It’s a yes for me! You can still search for alternatives, but I highly recommend that you review this treadmill yourself.