When it’s your first time using a treadmill, it may be tricky to know how to turn the machine on. That’s not a problem!
With the differences between each product, we’re going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to turn on different models:
- NordicTrack Treadmill EXP 10i
- NordicTrack Treadmill 7i
- NordicTrack Commercial 2950
- NordicTrack Commercial 1750
- NordicTrack Treadmill X32i
By following the easy steps in this article, you’ll be able to turn on and start your NordicTrack treadmill in no time!
How to Turn On NordicTrack Treadmill – EXP 10i
If you’re sporting an EXP 10i NordicTrack treadmill, following these 5 simple steps will help you turn the NordicTrack treadmill on:
- Plug in the power cord to the power source.
- Click the power button on the treadmill frame near the power cord.
- Attach/clip the lanyard to the waistband of your cloth as you stand on the foot rails.
- After which, you must insert the key into the console, turn it on, and wait for a few moments.
- Once the console indicators light up, you’re all set to start running.
How to Turn On NordicTrack Treadmill – EXP 7i
It’s also easy to use an EXP 7i NordicTrack treadmill. All you need to do are these 5 steps:
- Plug in the power cord to a power outlet or power source.
- Press the power button and turn it into reset position. Similarly, the power button is on the treadmill frame near the power cord.
- Attach/clip the safety lanyard to the waistband of your cloth while you stand on the foot rails.
- When the lanyard is clipped to the waistband of your cloth, plug the key into the console.
- Wait for a few seconds for the indicators to light up, and you’re good to go.
How to Turn On NordicTrack Treadmill – Commercial 2950
The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is another model sold by the brand. If this is the machine you have in your home gym, these few steps will help you turn it on:
- Connect the power cord of your NordicTrack Commercial 2950 to a power outlet.
- Press the power button on the treadmill frame near the power cord, and turn it to reset position.
- Attach the safety lanyard to your cloth and waistband as you stand on the foot rails.
- Slide in the key into the console, and wait for the indicators of the console to light up.
How to Turn On NordicTrack Treadmill – Commercial 1750
Do you have a NordicTrack Commercial 1750 but don’t know how to turn it on? We got you! These 5 steps shall do the trick:
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet.
- Press the power button on the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill frame near the power cord, and switch it to reset position.
- Stand on the foot rails, then attach the safety lanyard to your waistband and cloth.
- Insert the key into the console, and wait for the console to light up for a few seconds. Once it does, you can already use your NordicTrack Commercial 1750.
How to Turn On NordicTrack Treadmill – X32i
If you want to know how to turn on the Nordictrack Treadmill – X32i, scroll through. Follow these 5 simple steps, and you’re good to go:
- Plug the power cord into the power outlet.
- Press the power button on the treadmill frame near the power cord.
- Stand on the foot rails and clip the safety lanyard to the waistband of your cloth.
- Slide the key into the console, and wait for a few moments. The light is your sign that you can already use your treadmill.
REMEMBER: If your treadmills are exposed to cold temperatures, it’s important that you warm them up at room temperature to avoid damaging your console.
Why Will My NordicTrack Not Turn On?
We know you’re excited to run and exercise with your new NordicTrack treadmill.
But what should you do if it doesn’t turn on? Even after following the steps mentioned above, you still find it difficult to turn it on.
There are plenty of reasons that your NordicTrack treadmills won’t turn on. Common causes are:
- There is no voltage in your treadmill – In some cases, there is not enough power or voltage going in your NordicTrack treadmill. You can try plugging the power cord into another outlet. If it still won’t turn on, the next step you should take is to check the fuse and breakers in your home. If the power supply in your house is fine, you might need to check your treadmill. There is a possibility that the breaker of your machine is blown off or the power cord is damaged. Additionally, the voltage of your power supply doesn’t match your equipment.
- There are problems with the connection or wiring – Improper installation of wires may also lead to a faulty connection. You need to check the treadmills and see if you properly installed the wires upon assembly.
- The treadmill is overworked and not properly oiled – Your NordicTrack treadmill may also slow down or stop if it’s not oiled properly. Too much friction due to high motor performance will affect the functionality of your machine. You must lubricate your treadmills 100 hours after using them.
If you don’t know how to troubleshoot your treadmills on your own, you may need to ask for assistance from people with technical expertise.
With this, you’ll be able to get the correct diagnosis for any issues your treadmills may have, and you can come up with appropriate solutions to address them.
How to Reboot NordicTrack Treadmills
If you determined that the issue is NOT due to damaged cables and insufficient power and ensured that the key is inserted properly, you might need to reboot your treadmills.
You won’t necessarily need someone with technical expertise to do this. Just don’t miss these important steps in doing so:
Using the Reboot Button
Many treadmills by NordicTrack have a reset button. Access this at the front of your NordicTrack treadmill.
- Switch the power button on as you normally would. The power button is located on the treadmill frame near the power cord.
- Put the key in the console and wait until the lights turn on.
- Push the reboot button to restart your NordicTrack treadmill.
Without the Reboot Button
Not all treadmills are built with this switch. Hence, you need to do different steps for different models. If this describes your NordicTrack treadmill, here are the important steps to follow:
- Remove the magnetic latchkey from the NordicTrack treadmill.
- Press the speed and control buttons simultaneously and hold them for a few minutes.
- Place the latchkey on the treadmill while holding the speed and control buttons. Once inserted, let go of the buttons and turn on the power button like normal.
- Reboot the incline level of your NordicTrack treadmill. You either press incline+ to increase the incline or incline- to decrease it.
Will My NordicTrack Treadmill Turn On Without iFIT?
Sure enough, your NordicTrack treadmill will still function without an iFIT subscription. You can still exercise with your equipment.
Different models of NordicTrack are built to deliver top-notch performance to fit your walking, jogging, and running exercises. It’s certainly a great home gym equipment with good durability with or without an iFIT membership.
However, you’ll be missing premium features that only an iFIT subscription lays on the table. With such premium features, you have access to:
- iFit workout videos and programs from elite trainers
- Analytics for your fitness progress
- Scenic/training routes through Google Maps
All these will make a difference in your overall workout experience. The 17,000 workout videos can serve as your guide, while the routes on Google Maps can give you an outdoor feel.
When you decide to get a NordicTrack treadmill from iFIT, we suggest you avail of their annual iFIT subscription.
You’ll have a 30-day FREE iFIT membership for four user profiles during the first purchase. You can also avail of a 1-year iFIT membership, 2-year iFIT membership, and 3-year iFIT membership with your machine.
This way, you can save a few bucks from annual membership fees and access additional tools to help you realize your fitness goals.
BONUS: How to Choose the Best NordicTrack Treadmill
As a bonus section for this article, we’ll tell you how to choose the best NordicTrack equipment aside from the steps on how to turn the machine on.
NordicTrack is among the most heard treadmill models on the market. It’s one of the in-demand home gym equipment many people love.
It’s powered by a strong motor, plus it has smooth functionalities and great durability. With a NordicTrack treadmill, you can already expect a lot of features to be laid on your table.
No one will stop you if you wish to purchase your next treadmill from NordicTrack.
Whether it’s the NordicTrack Commercial 17250, NordicTrack Commercial 2950, EXP 10i, EXP 7i, X32i, or other models, we know it’s a great steal.
But how do you choose the best of the best?
Simply put, the best treadmill should fit your needs and capacity. Yet, when you decide, here are a few stuff to consider:
- Motor – If your NordicTrack treadmill houses a powerful motor, you’ll definitely get a smooth and quiet performance. It can also withstand long-term use, and you can ensure that it will last for a long time.
- Stability – This can include the product’s weight and capacity. You should make sure that it can support your load and guarantee your safety. This also makes sure that you are in a comfortable position even as you stand on the deck.
- Budget – Also, you should get ones that will suit your budget. You shouldn’t break the bank to get the best NordicTrack equipment.
- Dimensions – Aside from capacity, it’s important to consider your space. If your place is small, get the NordicTrack equipment that won’t take up too much space, and it’s easy for you to store it.
A NordicTrack treadmill is among the most sought and in-demand home gym equipment in the market.
It’s an ideal treadmill that helps ensure your fitness goals, whether for losing weight, building muscles, or doing cardio. This treadmill is suitable for literally ANYONE!
But its top-notch performance will be put to waste if you don’t know how to turn on NordicTrack treadmill models.
Lucky for you, this article has everything you need to go about it. Just follow the important steps in this article, turn the machine on, and run like a cheetah!