Bowflex T10 Treadmill Review
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is the home gym hero.
It’s a compact treadmill that offers adaptive workouts, a JRNY membership (required to access all features), and all the connectivity you could want through its HD touchscreen.
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is excellent. It’s made with well-built mechanical parts and designed to take a pounding. I found myself able to adjust the incline and speed to the highest limit without feeling any instability.
From personal experience, it will help you achieve the weight loss you’ve been looking for and advances with you as your level of fitness improves. The fitter you get, the faster it can go.
I found it able to match my mood. It kept up with my pace, going from jogging to full sprints and even simulated marathons!
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is essential for any home gym. The intuitive HD touchscreen gives you everything from console monitoring (to track speed, incline, and more) to Netflix.
Let’s look at the features and strengths that make the Bowflex treadmill 10 a cut above the rest.
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is one of the best treadmills on the market. It’s designed to work WITH you, giving adaptive workouts that increase in difficulty as your fitness improves.
No Bowflex Treadmill 10 brand review is complete without looking at the strengths that elevate it above the competition. I’ll also share some of my favorite things about this machine:
- Intuitive Touchscreen Controls: The console touch-screen is a major selling point of this Bowflex treadmill because it gives you all the input you want or need when jogging. It allows you to customize your workouts fully and even acts as a multimedia entertainment platform.
- Soft-Drop Folding System: Not only is the Bowflex Treadmill 10 a stylish machine. It’s also one of the best folding treadmills on the market. It allows you to save plenty of space when not in use, lifting the conveyor when you need to clean it and pulling it down when you need to run.
- Wi-fi and Bluetooth-enabled: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is a luxury treadmill because it strives to entertain its audience, allowing you to forget leg pain and focus on the journey. The Treadmill 10 is great for those who need a lot to get in the mood or need distractions to power through a jogging session. Thanks to its Wi-fi connectivity, it allows you to connect your playlists from your devices and even access your social media from the console screen.
- User-Comfort Oriented: Its commitment to comfort and personalization makes the machine stand out. It offers comfort tech deck cushioning for softer steps and a soft-drop folding system if you need to save space.
- Spacious: If you’re a bit more old-school, the Treadmill 10 is also for you. It contains two wide cup holders for your hydration needs and offers a built-in media shelf in case you want to read a book or answer emails from your tablet while on the run.
- 1-Year JRNY Membership Subscription Included: Much of the features of the Bowflex Treadmill 10 comes from its connection to JRNY. This fitness app allows you to enhance, enrich, and excite your fitness adventure through your console screen. The first year of your JRNY membership is included in your initial payment.
- Variable Workout Programs: When connected to JRNY, your screen acts as an environmental simulator, giving you running trail footage and incline settings that allow you to feel like you’re climbing a mountain or running along the beach. It also gives you access to virtual and video coaches that push you along programs that can help you meet your fitness goals.
No Bowflex Treadmill 10 review would be complete or be honest if we didn’t consider some potential dealbreakers or things to keep in mind before buying this machine.
While they may not be that big of a deal for you, it’s vital to consider these factors to make an informed purchase:
- JRNY Membership Required to Enjoy All Features: While your HD touchscreen may be part and parcel of your machine, you will need a separate JRNY membership to access all of the possible features of the Treadmill 10. You will only be able to watch monthly subscription streaming services such as Netflix, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime Video on your machine if you have a JRNY subscription. This requirement also blocks you from most custom workouts, the virtual running path, and more worthwhile features.
- 10″ Screen May Be Too Small: The touchscreen may be a miracle worker, allowing you to have your own personal computer companion, but it doesn’t work if it’s too small for you to see or use. The screen comes at a measly 10 inches, which may be too small for most people. It’s also not adjustable, meaning you might cramp your neck or lose your step if you keep looking down.
- Pricier Option: Even if you’re allowed to finance your Bowflex Treadmill 10 in monthly installments, the machine comes in at a sweat-inducing $2,000. It’s a serious investment, and it’s seriously painful on the wallet if it breaks down or you need to bring someone in for maintenance. It might not be the best option for those on a tight budget.
- Heavy at 323 lbs When Assembled: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is a heavy machine, especially for its size and slender design. It’s hard to move, which makes its folding ability necessary. It’s recommended that you assemble the machine exactly where you plan on using it to avoid dragging it later on. It’s also important to note that it’s about as heavy as its user weight capacity. If you’re on the heavier side of 300 lbs, you may need a heavier-duty treadmill.
- Fussy, Requires Precise Assembly: When your Bowflex Treadmill 10 purchase arrives, it’s best to have the technicians assemble it and inform you of any electronic or motor requirements. If not, your machine may not work, or your motor might burn out before you even step on the conveyor. If you assemble it yourself, focus on your user manual and pay close attention to every part.
The next step in any Bowflex Treadmill 10 review is to review the features that set the Treadmill 10 above the rest.
These are the features that will help you accept the Treadmill 10 into your home and make it a permanent fixture:
- 22″ W x 60″ L Running Deck: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 offers would-be runners, even those with a large footprint, enough running space (22 inches W x 60 inches L) to stretch their legs and reach dynamic speeds. It does this without crowding their study or dedicated gym area, allowing homeowners to use the machine and then keep it without worrying about lacking room in either scenario.
- 10″ HD Touchscreen: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 allows you to control it from the central screen. It has all the metrics monitoring you would need available on its console screen, such as machine speed, calories burned, and distances traveled. It even has a built-in heart rate monitor! You can also play music or watch your favorite movies while running at full speed.
- 0-12 MPH Speed: The faster you run, the faster you lose weight. Okay, not really. But the Bowflex Treadmill 10 allows you to achieve speeds you would never think possible for you if the screen didn’t show you outrunning your past self. You can program your pace, go full-speed one minute, and catch your breath the next.
- Zwift Compatible: For those who thrive in a competitive environment, the Zwift compatibility makes the Bowflex Treadmill 10 a must-have. It allows you to push yourselves and race with hundreds of other people looking to become their best selves and maybe, just maybe, claim bragging rights over a hundred other Zwifters!
- 15-Year Frame & Motor Warranty: Warranties are very important for heavy electronics like the Bowflex Treadmill 10. Bowflex has you covered if the incline breaks down or the motor overheats. It allows you to return the machine within two years of use, replace the engine within 5 years, and replace the frame within 15 years of use.
- 400 lbs User Weight Capacity: A heavy treadmill needs to have a high user weight limit. Fortunately, the Bowflex Treadmill 10 works for heavier customers looking to improve their condition. It’s designed to handle nearly 400 lbs, although it would be best to keep it at 300 lbs to avoid complications or overheating.
- Foldable Frame: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 stands out because it doesn’t just incline up on the front. It also lifts up from the back when not in use. The entire conveyor deck lifts up to give you almost 60 inches of additional floor area in case you need it. This makes it a more sustainable and flexible part of your home.
- 1.9 HP Motor: While the Bowflex Treadmill 10 can go up to 2.6 Horsepower, it’s limited by the electricity your household can generate. The motor can thus generate 1.9 Horsepower, allowing you to generate top speeds of 12 MPH, sustain it, and come back the next day for more. If you take care of your motors, it will take care of you!
- Heart Rate (Hand Grips): Like other treadmills in its class, the Bowflex Treadmill 10 allows you to monitor your heart rate and see if you’re pushing yourself physically. All you have to do is grip the metal portions of the side barricades or the front rails, and you can monitor your heart health and see if you still have more in the tank.
- Incline Knobs Allow for Quick Adjustments in Manual Mode: Not everyone finds it easy to work with touch screens, especially when you’re zooming on a treadmill, fighting for your life. Fortunately, the Treadmill 10 has easy-adjust incline turners that allow you to keep going higher. You can easily adjust your incline with two fingers and back down to perform an incline circuit.
No review can be done properly without mentioning the device’s price, and the Treadmill 10 costs a pretty penny. It’s a serious investment for those investing in their health and fitness.
Whether you buy the Treadmill 10 on the Bowflex online shop or third-party retailers, the machine will set you back $1,999 total, or a cost of $2,297 over 3 years, thanks to your JRNY subscription.
It’s important to remember that you’re paying for 22″ W x 60″ L Running Deck space with a folding function. You’re paying for a powerful 1.9 HP motor, incline, heart rate, and speed tracking.
You’re also paying for the full use of the screen and the ability to track your vitals, watch Netflix and other streaming services, or avail of the digital personal trainer.
If you wish to pay in monthly installments instead of dropping almost $2,000 in one go, it will cost you almost $200 a month, payable over the span of one year.
Consider wisely, but we promise that the Treadmill 10 will serve you well and won’t cause a significant incline in your bank payments!
A Treadmill 10 review should also include any warranties offered by Bowflex to sweeten the deal and ensure excellent customer service.
The Treadmill 10 is made with distinct parts that can fall apart or overheat with heavy usage. Your machine should thus be subject to testing before you buy it from the store or site.
NOTE: Never buy a treadmill that doesn’t offer a warranty.
Fortunately, Bowflex offers several different warranties on the Treadmill 10 that allow you to get your money back or replace parts if your machine isn’t working at its best level.
The Treadmill 10 offers a 1-year warranty on the electronics, such as the screen, allowing you to replace them if they short out.
They also offer a 2-year warranty for labor, meaning that the installers can come back to get the job right the second or third time.
The Treadmill 10 also includes a 5-year warranty on the mechanical parts, allowing you to replace your components as they get worn down. This extends the machine’s life.
By extending its usable lifespan, the Treadmill 10 is expected to last 15 years before it outlives its usefulness. This is how long the frame warranty lasts.
The Treadmill 10 comes with 85″ L x 39.6″ W x 65.3″ H dimensions.
These are the basis of the features we’ve gone over in this review, as the machine’s size dictates how many features can fit in it.
The screen that allows you to view incline, speed, and heart rate is on the smaller side at 10 inches, while the actual running platform comes in at 22″ Width x 60″ Length.
The Treadmill 10 comes in at 25″ L x 17.6″ W in its folded form. This means you save 25″ L by 17.6″ W, giving you plenty of floor room when not in use.
How Does Your JRNY Subscription Affect Your Bowflex Treadmill 10?
Because much of the useability of the Treadmill 10 comes from its JRNY connection, let’s review the JRNY digital fitness platform and see why you’d be better off keeping your subscription to it.
JRNY is an adaptive fitness membership platform that can be used on smart devices via the JRNY app or the HD touchscreen on your Bowflex Treadmill 10.
It grants customers access to thousands of custom exercises that you wouldn’t think possible to do on a treadmill. I was shocked by how creative you could get with treadmill exercises.
It offers virtual and trainer-led coaching, digital exploration, and even access to streaming platforms.
While a JRNY membership, required for you to access your Treadmill 10 fully, may be a bit pricey at $149 a year or $19.99 per month, it’s indispensable once you get around to using it.
After all, JRNY membership grants access to everything that can bring your Treadmill 10 experience to the next level.
It can grant you the workout of a lifetime or even just move you along on a casual morning walk!
It allowed me to climb (simulated) rocky mountains and binge-watch my favorite series while not being a couch potato.
While buying the Treadmill 10 may give you an included year of JRNY, I definitely recommend renewing your subscription to keep the gains coming in.
What Sort of Treadmill Workouts Can You Do on the Bowflex Treadmill 10?
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 promises to be a major part of your weight loss journey, encouraging you to give your best effort and workouts that would cause other treadmills to tap out.
This is because the Treadmill 10 allows you to customize your exercise plan manually via the incline knobs or partner it with a JRNY membership for the full experience.
- If you are focusing on weight loss, as I did, you can focus on raising your heart rate during your workout by engaging in uphill sprints or higher-incline walking.
- If you’re looking to supplement your gym fitness with daily cardio sessions, you can track your jogging progress on the Bowflex 10 Treadmill and keep a consistent speed for 20-30 minutes.
- If you’re more athletic or agile, you can even practice galloping sideways or do EMOM (every minute, on the minute) circuit training to get the most out of the Treadmill 10 and your body.
The Bluetooth-ready console also lets you choose from the fitness programs offered by JRNY. It helped me visualize my own training montage or simulate running through a forest trail depending on my mood.
Because of how versatile the Treadmill 10 is and its 85″ L x 39.6″ W x 65.3″ H dimensions, your imagination and physical conditions are your only limits when it comes to treadmill exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions Answered by Users
To round out this Bowflex Treadmill 10 review, I’ll look at some of the common questions people looking to purchase this treadmill have.
By answering, I hope to give potential customers peace of mind knowing that they’ll be well-taken care of and making the right choice with the Treadmill 10.
Can You Use the Bowflex Treadmill 10 Without a Subscription?
By accessing the JRNY App (JRNY membership required to use the machine fully), users can watch their favorite streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Max and listen to their curated playlists via Bluetooth-enabled smart devices.
While my Bowflex 10 treadmill review went over the benefits of connecting to Bluetooth and using the console to access JRNY, you do not need it to use the treadmill as it is.
The treadmill works fully from the moment you plug it in. The display gives you access to your vital statistics, and the machine powers up and adjusts to your needs.
The main reason to use JRNY is to access guided exercises, running trails, streaming platforms, and entertainment. If you don’t need distractions, the Bowflex Treadmill 10 is capable even without the extra features.
More athletic individuals and those driven enough to ignore pain will find Bowflex more than sufficient for their running and sprinting needs without needing to see anything but their distance remaining.
Does the Bowflex Treadmill 10 Fold Up?
The mechanical parts of the Bowflex Treadmill 10 allow it to fold up and away from the floor, giving you 25″ L by 17.6″ of additional room in case you need to store something or use the floor.
This makes this Bowflex product a worthwhile purchase, as it allows you to minimize the machine’s profile when not in use.
It’s hassle-free to use and keep, although it does get heavy if you need to move the whole thing. I recommend assembling it where you plan on keeping it.
It’s important to fold it slowly and delicately. Be sure not to jam it into place or throw it down.
This will allow you to enjoy your Bowflex treadmill for a long period and prevent it from breaking in half.
How Heavy Is the Bowflex Treadmill 10?
Because of the machine’s 85″ L x 39.6″ W x 65.3″ H Dimensions, as well as its HD touchscreen, arms/barriers with built-in heart-rate monitors, and motor components, the treadmill packs on the pounds.
Fully assembled, the seemingly light and compact Treadmill 10 weighs in at 323 lbs. This means you can’t just drag it somewhere else once you’ve put it together.
It’s best to have your machine installed by qualified technicians and that you’ve already given it enough leg room to ensure that you’re not eating into space you would use for something more important.
How Long Do Bowflex Treadmills Last?
Bowflex treadmills are designed to last a decade or more if taken care of, with the company promising a lifespan of 10-15 years if your machine is well-maintained.
This means not putting the pedal to the metal every time you use it, lest your speed turns the motors into dust after going hard every workout.
Our review would be remiss if we didn’t mention that most of the outer shell is made of hard plastic, which can snap and break if subjected to too much abuse.
You should get at least 3-5 years of use before calling it quits with your treadmill.
How Much Weight Can The Bowflex Treadmill 10 Carry?
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is a heavy-duty treadmill with a compact design that encourages heavier people to exercise, work out, and generate speed while jogging or running.
The Bowflex site states that the Treadmill 10 can carry a maximum of 400 lbs, although it’s recommended that you don’t go over 300 for the machine’s sake.
It’s best to err on the side of caution to ensure that the machine keeps running and that you don’t fall through it or get injured if its weight capacity is exceeded.
If you are below 300 lbs, you need not worry about pushing your Bowflex to its limit. Feel free to run as much as possible and see the pounds fly off as the distances increase.
Is There Any Maintenance That Should Be Done to the Treadmill?
Many reviews of this treadmill model forget to tell you about any maintenance that should be done to keep the treadmill running. That doesn’t mean that no maintenance should be done.
- You must examine the machine daily before use to ensure that there is nothing out of place and that the externals are not damaged or cracked.
- You must wipe it down with a damp cloth after each session.
- You must check your front and rear rollers weekly to ensure they function properly and screw all the nuts and bolts down monthly.
- Make sure to lubricate the belt quarterly with 100% silicone lubricant to keep it flowing under and over the rollers for a long time.
You can have a technician check it out yearly for the best results.
Bowflex Treadmill 10 Bottom Line Review
To sum up this Bowflex Treadmill 10 review, we know that the Bowflex brand goes for gold with every new exercise product it makes. The Treadmill 10 gym machine is no exception.
Its HD touchscreen console is its most promising feature, allowing you to keep a close eye on calories, heart rate, jogging speed, incline, and even Netflix and over 50 virtual running trails.
The machine is no slouch, giving you plenty of deck space for water or a book. Its 1.9 HP motor allows you to push your limits, and it will stay with you for over a decade if it’s well-maintained.
After our experience with this fitness machine, we found that the Bowflex Treadmill 10 is one of the best treadmills on the market.
If you purchase it, it will give you access to various services that will allow you to increase your fitness without worrying about getting bored.