NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i Treadmill
Get started with your cardio training with a NordicTrack X9i incline trainer.
This can be your fastest way to lose weight and strengthen your body. The NordicTrack X9i is an exciting alternative to a treadmill that allows you to walk or run with almost incredibly spectacular results. You can expect success quickly, even without a high-speed workout.
Table of Contents
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i
Get started with your cardio training with a NordicTrack X9i incline trainer.
This can be your fastest way to lose weight and strengthen your body. The NordicTrack X9i is an exciting alternative to a treadmill that allows you to walk or run with almost incredibly spectacular results. You can expect success quickly, even without a high-speed workout. NordicTrack X9i is compatible with iFit Coach. Just by signing up for a monthly subscription, you can get access to plan your daily nutrition, sleep, activity, and tracking your performance, as well as an infinite number of potential workouts that will interest you in the long run. In the unlikely event that you get bored, you can use the tablet holder to protect your device and watch selected media directly from your tablet. The integrated Reflex suspension offers an ergonomic design and reduces the impact on the joints. This is especially useful when paired with an adjustable incline that doubles the incline range of other trainers on the market. That’s not all. It comes with iPod compatible speakers, an angle adjustable tablet stand, and fans to suit the intensity of the exercise.
To support the durability and quiet operation of the machine, the NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer slides on a 2.5-inch roller. This is a specification shared with high-end commercial treadmills. The full price of the new X9i is $2999, but we’ve seen retail prices below $2000 online. Free shipping is included with direct purchases, and the manufacturer offers an extensive warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee. Are you wondering how to get one? Let’s take a closer look at its specs to make your selection easier.
Motor: 3.0 CHP (4.5 HP)
- Incline: Manual (-6% to + 40%)
- Folding: No
- Highest speed: 13 MPH
- Running surface: 152 x 55 cm (L x W)
- Customized Programs: 40 Workout Programs
- Product dimensions: 177 x 101 x 178 cm (L x W x H)
- Product weight: 308 lbs
- Maximum user weight: 320lbs
- Warranty for Frame: Lifetime
- Warranty for Motor: 25 year
- Warranty for Parts: 1 year
- Warranty for Labor: 1 year
Why is NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i your perfect workout partner?
It’s hard to underestimate the unique capabilities of the Incline Trainer X9i. This model can achieve a forty percent slope and a six percent decrease. Basically, you would climb rocks if you were steeper. The steeper the slope, the faster the return. NordicTrack was able to offer a training experience that other treadmills in this price range can hardly match. Plus, it will only cost about seventeen hundred dollars. Other incline treadmills can cost anywhere from four thousand to eight thousand dollars. The Incline Trainer X9i isn’t all that bad when you consider the value this model offers considering the price. This is also associated with the disadvantage of affordable prices. We have seen many Incline Trainer X9i owners with damaged machines. We associate these issues with the quality with which the Incline Trainer X9i is built. In order for NordicTrack to acquire this low-cost brand, it had to cut some corners. When you see that Incline Trainer X9i comes with forty preset workouts, a seven-inch touch screen, and tilt options, you need to consider the only corner left to cut.
The new NordicTrack X9i with a touch screen, web browser, and optional iFit Coach is the middle of the three Incline Trainer series treadmills for the model year 2017. This high-quality unit falls between the base model X7i and the flagship model X11i. This machine would become your favorite Incline Trainer treadmill for customers who are serious about burning calories while walking. The X11i is better for those who also plan to run regularly. Key features of the X9i include an incline range of -6% to 40%, a 22 “x 60” treadmill surface, and 44 training applications. The machine is manufactured using an iPod compatible sound system with 3-inch speakers. The X9i Incline Trainer also has an adjustable angle for your tablet.
The 7 ”touch screen for the new X9i console is high resolution, has a web browser with Android, and is able to view training videos and another programming from iFit Coach. When it comes to iFit exercises, there are three main options.
- Download a new personal trainer training course at any time. Take advantage of custom programming created by the iFit team of fitness professionals.
- Use the iFit library for high definition training videos created by famous personal trainers. This library is constantly expanding.
- Create an infinite number of Google Maps workouts.
With Google Maps Training, the X9i adjusts the slope to replicate the mapped topography. Google Street View can help you to choose a route to get an even better outdoor virtual training experience. Other useful dashboard features include iPod compatible speakers, an angle-adjustable tablet stand, and exercise fans that adapt to the intensity of the exercise.
The X9i is equipped with a Bluetooth wireless pulse transmitter to help you train in the target heart rate zone. The inclined trainers also have heart rate readers on the handlebars. To help you cool off during your workout, the console features two AutoBreeze fans. AutoBreeze fans can automatically adjust their speed based on the intensity of the workout. Very quiet operation is one of the advantages of the best NordicTrack treadmills. The X9i reduces the noise of your footsteps with WhisperQuiet poh sound absorption technology.
- 7-inch intelligent HD touch screen brings your personal trainers from all over the world to make your workouts colorful, interactive, and engaging
- Four integrated applications and training programs that will make your fitness interesting
- Compatible with iFit Coach and tracks nutrition, sleep, exercise, and daily activity to help you reach your goals and provide endless workout routines (subscription not included)
- Adjustable incline up to an impressive range of 40 degrees, as well as a 6-degree drop, lets you burn five times the calories of your workout.
- Integrated ReflexTM cushioning gives your joints greater comfort with every step.
- Integrated heart rate monitoring with built-in sensor mounts or free iFit® Bluetooth® wireless chest strap.
- OneTouch® controls make it quicker and easier to change the intensity of your workout than ever
- 0 CHP propulsion system to help you with your workout.
- Dual AutobreezeTM training fans automatically adjust to cool you based on the intensity of your workout.
- Built-in auxiliary music port allows you to connect your own music and work out on your favorite tracks
Is NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i good enough for your cardio?
In previous reviews, we have mentioned that Incline Trainer X9i is one of the most versatile treadmills on the market and appreciated its affordable price. The full price for the X9i, $ 2,499, puts the car out of many buyers’ budgets. However, we also warned potential buyers because we saw more people with issues associated with poor customer service.
If you compare it to the 4.25 CHP motor of the X22i and X11i models, the NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer comes with a 3.0 CHP motor drive system. Although it is a suitable motor, it is not entirely suitable for high-intensity training on steep slopes and at maximum speeds. For these reasons, the X9i is ideal for beginner learners. For attendees looking for the most intense training, you may want to look at other NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer Review models and consider a more reliable motor drive system.
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i: Wow factors vs. Nah factors
- Easy to assemble
- Commercial 3.0 cogeneration engine
- Seven inches HD color touch screen with Android browser
- 44 integrated training applications
- iFit Coach enabled
- Allows rapid burning of calories
- Allows less impact on joints/ligaments than traditional treadmills
- Steep slope with wide range (-6% to + 40%)
- Long and extremely wide track
- Adjustable tablet shelf
- Sound system (iPod compatible, 3-inch speakers)
- WhisperQuiet ™ noise reduction for the bridge
- Five-year warranty on spare parts and electronics
- It is higher in price than a traditional treadmill with comparable performance
- It is less suitable for high-speed training.
- NordicTrack Customer Service has a negative rating
Decision: Should you invest in a NordicTrack Incline Trainer X9i?
The NordicTrack X9i Incline Trainer is a luxury purchase when it comes to treadmills. It is constructed with great design, albeit on a slightly smaller screen than the others in the series. This is attributed to its almost twice the range of incline compared to other incline trainers. When you think about it, it may not be such a big deal for the price if the Incline Trainer X9i breaks a few years after you get it because you get such a valuable training experience. You do not have to borrow to buy the Incline Trainer X9i, but you also do not get a guarantee of quality and durability. If this is a problem for you, you may want to reconsider this model. It doesn’t seem to just achieve its 3.0 CHP engine drive system, which may not be best for participants looking for intense exercise. However, there are not many other treadmills on the market that offer such an intense training experience, and we recommend that you find a treadmill with a slope that offers this kind of quality at this price point.