IMPORTANT TIPS FOR RUNNING:
The experience of running is different for every individual. Running is hard to get used to for some people or new runners, and an escape for some people. Some new runners get extremely good at running in a very short interval of time, while might others need a lot of time to complete their goal of the day i.e.run of the day. Some people might say that it’s just running or distance running, you don’t need to put a lot of thinking and effort to running and you can just start off by wearing running shoes and going for a run. Well, that’s not completely true. Running is an elite sport, and it needs practice like all other sports and you need to have a proper training plan if you want to elevate your fitness level or perform good on the race day. But if you are a new runner who do not have experience in long runs, do not worry, we have got you all covered with some amazing running tips of all times.
- Start running for short intervals: If your are a beginner in running, don’t aim for a very long run. Start running for short intervals and gradually increase day by day. If you start to run super fast in the beginning, you will get drained of energy really fast and will get fatigue. You have to do it in a way that it is sustainable, and you are not tired of it in a few days. You can try this “start you first day run with 15 minutes. Run at a moderate pace for 10 minutes on your first day and gradually add 5 minutes to each day. Like this you will build stamina and each day you will be able to achieve new goals.
- Strengthen your whole-body: You need t have a strong body structure if you want to run long miles. You should train on alternate days with whatever exercises you like. It is very necessary to have a solid core and back. Exercise gives you stability and helps you to increase your endurance. It makes your body strong and athletic, so it is extremely important.
- Don’t start running too fast in the beginning: Running too fast in the beginning will make your body sore and you will not be able to get rid of the fatigue for days. This will lower your morale to run and also disturb your running regimen. So, you need to run at a moderate speed in the beginning so that you build the pace and then run fast gradually. Running moderately will allow you to judge your body and how much effort it can put into running at a time. listen to it and run accordingly.
- Hydrate yourself properly: Never start a run with a dehydrated body, you might actually faint. Hydrating does not mean to drink water only before run, it is necessary to have water throughout the whole day s the body is properly hydrated. Moreover, having a lot of water right before a run can make you feel heavy, and nausea and bloating can also hit you while to run because of hyperventilating. So, take a water bottle with you, and take small sips of water when you have the urge to. Also, take one day of rest every now and then from your training so as to save up for your upcoming weekly mileage.
- Have light but nourishing pre- and post-run snacks: Having pre and post run snacks are very important for runners, even if you are a beginner or a pro runner, many people avoid this but they should not. Your running coach and guide suggest not to eat anything eat two hours be fore running. But it is not a hard and fast rule and having a small carbohydrate-based snack before running, that will provide you energy fir the run and won’t make you tired wont cause any harm. It can be a banana, a smoothie or a energy drink. Post run snack should be a combination of protein and carbs. A chicken sandwich is a great option, a cup of fruit yogurt too. These snacks will help you in short as well as long term. And that’s why you should eat least one snack before running and after running.
- Wear the right kind of gear for the run: The quality of your run depends on how comfortable you are. So, choosing the right kind of clothes and shoes is really important. Wear stretchy clothes that fit you nicely and do not cause any hindrance in your run. The shoes matter the most. Invest in a good pair of shoes that are comfortable and suitable for all kinds of spaces that you are about to run in. They should be of the right size and you are good to go.
- Keep yourself entertained throughout the run: A good playlist is always a person’s best friend during a run. So, make sure you have your favourite upbeat songs in your gadget that keep you entertained and motivated. You can also run with a group or any of your friends or join a local running club. This can create a healthy competitive environment and you all can challenge each other for a new goal daily. This will keep you on track as well as interested and you will notice significant changes in your body and running form.
- Take care of your body: Remember that your body needs rest time. it needs time to recover. So, when you have had a long day at running, so one of the running tips is that, make sure to take the needed amount of rest and do not over-run. Even your running coach can second this that, every run will not give you any advantage and instead make you more tired. Take a good amount of sleep and nourish your body so you are ready to go back on the track the next day and hit longer distances on the race day. And if don’t do so, you might get injured and then recovery time will be much longer.
- Don’t get impatient for the results: Every person’s body is different. Every run has different results on every runner’s body. Many runners when adopt running, get the result as fast as anything. While others have to work harder to get the desired results. Every good thing demands hard work, so do not lose hope too early and try longer distances running. Being impatient will only lower down your morale and you will not be consistent in running. New runners should make sure to give running time without being too hasty about the results. Being hasty will just ruin your progress that you have made so far. So, whatever you demand from running, it will give you, you just have to be patient and consistent. In fact, it is among one of the very important running tips, that you should be patient.
- Don’t get lazy and miss out on the run: All the good things in running come from being passionate and consistent. If you want to become a trained runner, do not miss your running on purpose as many new runners do. You can of course take a break once or twice a week but being lazy and missing out your run is not good especially for beginners. Beginners need to work hard so that their body can get used to the running routine. One more important running tips that can come from your running coach, is to make a proper training plan and buy running shoes because they can actually help you a lot These were all the tips that will definitely help you if you are a beginner or even if you are runner who tries long runs.