Do you want to complete your workout journey with your own fitness equipment? Are you stuck choosing between Bowflex Max Trainer vs. Proform HIIT?
These two brands produced equally high-functioning trainer variations.
The Proform HIIT trainers are also hybrid machines. These are worthy opponents for Bowflex Max Trainers.
We will dive into details to help you decide which product to choose.
Bowflex Max Trainer Overview
Bowflex is a trusted brand for producing one of the most effective fitness solutions. This resulted in a wide variety of cardio and strength gym equipment.
Among them are the Bowflex Max Trainers. These are a combination of ellipticals and stepper machines.
These trainers have a vertically inclined movement instead of a horizontal path.
These compact trainers provide high-intensity, low-impact workouts targeting the upper and lower muscles.
On top of that, the console features of their premium models are fantastic!
With 1-year free subscription to the JRNY app, you can watch instructor-led videos while you exercise.
Compared to other fitness apps, the JRNY app has built-in access to other entertainment sites.
- Assembled product weight of approximately up to 155 lbs (70 kg)
- Streaming capabilities with a one-year one-month free subscription to the JRNY app
- Bluetooth, Wifi, and USB Connectivity with built-in speakers
- Warranty: 1-3 years for frame & parts; 90 days for labor costs
- Resistance levels up to 20 and multiple grip handlebars
- Maximum user weight of 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Built-in workouts with a virtual coach
- Console streaming capabilities are excellent
- Fitness benefits and services on the JRNY app are excellent
- Bowflex Trainer promotes cardiovascular health and multiple workouts
- Console displays data on workout stats, and settings are easy to maneuver
- Bowflex Max Trainer has a smaller maximum user weight capacity
- Payment is needed for a continuous subscription to the JRNY app after the 1-year trial
Proform HIIT Trainer Overview
Proform is a well-known brand for producing a complete line of gym equipment. This includes exercise bikes and ellipticals.
Consequently, the Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer is born. All Proform Trainers are designed to resemble a stair climber and an elliptical machine in one.
A Proform HIIT Trainer has a 10″ vertical stride with a 5″ horizontal stride, giving you vertical climbing elliptical motion and allowing you to pedal backward.
Aside from that, Proform Cardio HIIT Trainers are partnered with the iFit app. Unlike the other apps, it is cheaper and offers access to onboard workouts with an iFit coach.
The ProForm HIIT Trainers are hybrid machines with multiple handlebars great for achieving a whole body and cardio exercise.
The Proform Trainer is perfect for users who aim to do high-intensity interval training.
- Warranty: Lifetime for the frame; up to 5 years for parts; up to 3 years for labor costs
- Bluetooth, Wifi, and USB Connectivity with built-in speakers
- Streaming capabilities with a one-month free subscription to iFit
- Assembled product weight: up to 225 lbs (102.1 kg)
- 34 built-in workouts & resistance levels up to 24
- Maximum user weight: up to 350 lbs (159 kg)
- Heart rate sensor on grip handlebars
- Proform HIIT Trainer has a bigger maximum user weight capacity and resistance levels
- The iFit app is less expensive and offers almost the same workout benefits (i.e., iFit coach)
- Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer has a lifetime warranty for the frame
- A Proform Trainer has a heavier flywheel for added stability
- Console features are limited to machine control and iFit purposes only
- Reviews on Proform HIIT Trainer customer service are mostly negative
Bowflex Max Trainer vs. Proform HIIT Trainer: Side-By-Side Comparison
To further assess the main differences between the two machines, let’s compare them by categories:
Bowflex Max and Proform HIIT trainers are better than a regular elliptical machine. Both also provide a full-body workout, which burns calories in less time.
Both Bowflex Max Trainer and Proform HIIT Trainer have silent magnetic resistance.
However, between the Bowflex Max vs. Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer’s resistance levels, it is evident that Proform Trainers have an edge.
The Proform HIIT Trainer has a heavier and more sturdy flywheel than Bowflex Max Trainer.
For this category in the Bowflex Max vs. Proform HIIT trainer debate, the Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer has an advantage.
WINNER: Proform Trainer
A Bowflex Max Trainer is partnered with the JRNY app for console features.
It is an excellent app that allows you to monitor your progress. This also lets you enjoy your favorite entertainment while you work out and burn calories.
On the other hand, a Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer is powered by the IFit app.
To compare this with JRNY of Bowflex, it has limited features and cannot go beyond workout-related videos. You will need a tablet or a similar device to access the entertainment you want.
On this note, Bowflex Max Trainer paired with the JRNY app is the winner.
WINNER: Bowflex Max Trainer
The Bowflex Max Trainer and Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer are equally matched in terms of price. It varies on the variations you will choose.
Bowflex has four trainer models, and each one costs differently. For the latest versions, prices range from $1,699 – $2,499
On the other hand, Proform HIIT Trainers has two models. Each Proform model also costs slightly differently. Prices range from $1,399-$1,499.
Bowflex Max Trainer models are a bit pricey for similar workout benefits.
Between the Bowflex Trainer vs. Proform HIIT, we think the Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer takes the lead.
WINNER: Proform Trainer
How Do I Choose Between the Two Trainers?
Here are some helpful tips if you’re still having difficulty figuring out which trainer to choose:
1. Set Your Budget
Should it be “cost over benefits”? Or vice versa?
It indeed depends on what benefits you need and how much you’re willing to pay for the benefits you will get.
Both are a combined elliptical and stepper in one, and both can help you build upper and lower body muscles.
Both products can give you the same entire body and cardio workout. But as mentioned, Proform Trainers are much cheaper than Bowflex Max Trainers.
But if money is no object, the Bowflex Max Trainer series is for you.
2. Determine the Space
There is not much of a difference between the Bowflex Max Trainer and vs. Proform HIIT Trainer when it comes to size.
Both machines are compact-sized and ideal for home gyms.
However, Proform models are slightly bigger and heavier than the Bowflex Max Trainer.
The Proform Trainer also has an enormous flywheel which tends to make an odd sound when used.
For a more quiet space, we recommend Bowflex models. If slight noise is not a problem, choose Proform Trainers for their more robust build.
3. Examine the Specs
Aside from their dimensions and interior features, both models can give you great cardio workouts. What sets them apart is the console features.
Even with the JRNY app on Bowflex, it can still be limited as you need a continuous subscription for it after a year of purchase. That can be an additional financial burden.
In contrast, the iFit app on Proform is much cheaper. But it does not have access to a wide variety of entertainment.
Will it be a luxurious workout with entertainment or a slightly rigid one? It all comes down to your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we have compared the brands, let’s dive into the FAQs:
Are Using These Trainers Better Than Running?
If you aim to tone your body by getting a full body workout with just one machine, trainers are for you.
This will help you burn calories faster without having to run trails or use a treadmill.
Different semi-elliptical models such as Profrom and Bowflex Max Trainers can greatly help you improve your cardio.
The BEST PART is you won’t need to leave your house!
Are There Any Similarities Between the Two Brands?
These two companies have created combined stair stepper and elliptical cardio machines that work both the upper and lower body.
Both can help you burn calories faster than standard elliptical equipment.
They also are compact-size, perfect for a home gym.
You won’t need to buy two types of gym equipment as these products are semi-elliptical. It is even better!
Where Can I Buy Proform HIIT Trainers?
You can purchase these products directly at Proform.com. But these semi-elliptical products are also available in other reliable stores.
Is Proform Cardio HIIT Trainer Expensive?
It can be expensive depending on the benefits you want to get from it. You can check out the price here.
Final Verdict: Who Wins the Bowflex Max vs. Proform Matchup?
The main purpose of these products is to satisfy your fitness needs. Here are our final thoughts:
Buy the Bowflex Max Trainer If…
- You want a compact-sized machine that can help you burn fats and calories in less time.
- You prefer to watch good entertainment such as Netflix and Hulu while you exercise.
- You are more into the luxurious benefits rather than the price.
Buy the Proform HIIT Trainer If…
- You prefer the best budget pick trainer.
- You want a more sturdy and durable hybrid machine.
- You want to enhance your resistance level to a more challenging one.
- You are looking for a machine that can serve you well and has a longer warranty.
You don’t need to be a gym rat to choose the right trainer for you. We will leave it up to you to choose between a Bowflex Max Trainer vs. Proform.
Each one has an advantage over the other, and all come with a price.
We hope this article helped you with your choice!