Proform Power 995 Treadmill Review
Proform Power 995 Folding Treadmill
The Proform Power 995 treadmill is one of Proforms Power Series treadmills.
The Power series is a line of treadmills that are built with tougher construction and a more rugged feel than their lesser priced starter models.
With the Power 995 treadmill, you get a strong 2.75 HP motor, extra long 60″ belt, iPod port and even iFit Live capability to add customized workouts to your routine. It’s also Nike + iPod compatible which means you can easily track your workout results online with Nike.
- Price: $999
- Motor: 2.75 HP Motor
- Speed: 0 -12 MPH
- Incline: 0 – 15%
- Treadbelt: 20 x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- 325 lb Weight Capacity Deck
- Lifetime Frame, lifetime motor, 3 years on parts, 1 year on labor.
The Proform Power 995 Treadmill is one of Proform’s most popular treadmills under $1000 with a strong motor, extra long belt, heavy, stable base and more substance to it than past models.
Then there’s the fun stuff than can make your workout more enjoyable like iFit Live, iPod port, Nike compatibility, workout fan and 20 built-in-workouts.
Overall, if you can get if for under $1000, it’s a great deal. If Proform puts the price back up to $1999 as they were doing for a while – you might want to look elsewhere.
Product Pros And Cons
Proform Power 995 Treadmill
1) 2.75 HP Motor – The 2.75 HP motor gives you enough power to walk or run – plus it easily powers the extra long 60″ belt.
And the lifetime motor warranty will also help protect your investment. It’s also an indication of higher motor quality.
2) iFit Live – iFit Live is the newest technology that comes on some of the new Proform treadmills.
If you have wireless Internet in your home you can connect your treadmill to the Internet. It’s powered by Googlemaps and Google terrain so that you can run or walk different trails all over the world.
You can customize and download your own workout programs or even workout with Jillian Michaels from ‘The Biggest Loser’ – where she coaches you through your workout.
You can also track your activity and nutrition online to reach a fitness or weight loss goal.
3) Music Port for iPod With Built In Console Speakers – You can listen to your favorite workout tunes by plugging in your iPod or Mp3 player. The sound comes through a built-in console speaker system. This can make your workouts a lot more enjoyable and even help you workout longer in comfort.
4) Extra Long 60″ Deck – This is one of the longest decks you can get on a treadmill. It’s great if you’re taller or just want the extra room to pick up your pace.
5) Nike + iPod Compatible – With this option you can track your workout results over time. You connect your iPod to the treadmill and workout. Then you can sync your results online with Nike. Not a feature that all exercisers will use – especially with the tracking option that iFit gives you – but still nice to have.
6) 20 Built In Workout Programs – You get 20 built-in workouts with the Proform Power 995 – including 5 speed, 5 endurance, 5 weight loss and 5 calorie burn workouts. These are all designed by a certified personal trainer and automatically increase or decrease the speed or incline on your treadmill to reach the goal.
7) One Touch Speed and Incline Controls – This is fairly common with Proform treadmills but it’s still nice to have. You can change the speed or incline with the touch of a button instead of having to scroll through all your options.