Proform 590T Treadmill Review
Proform 590T Treadmill
The Proform 590T treadmill packs several excellent value features into a very small price.
You get some decent basics like a 2.25 HP motor, 10% incline, 55″ long deck and hand grip heart rate monitor.
Plus you also get some add-on features that can make your workouts easier and more enjoyable like iFit card reader so you can add even more interactive workouts, one-touch speed and incline controls and iPod dock with speakers to listen to your favorite music.
- Price: $599 (Sale + Free Shipping)
- Motor: 2.25 HP Motor
- Speed: 0 -10 MPH
- Incline: 0-10%
- Treadbelt: 20 x 55″
- Footprint: 70″ L x 34″ W
- Folding: Yes
- 300 lb Weight Capacity Deck
- Lifetime Frame Warranty, 25 year motor warranty, 1 year parts & labor
The Proform 590T treadmill gives you some good basics like a decent 2.25 HP motor (continuous duty), 20 x 55″ walking belt, heart rate monitor, 10% incline and protective cushioning.
Plus there are a few little things to make your workout enjoyable like the bright backlit console, iFit card reader to add new workouts, iPod dock and one-touch speed and incline buttons.
Overall, not a health club machine – but an excellent little budget buy and great value for the money.
Product Pros And Cons
Proform 590T Treadmill
1) Strong 2.25 HP Motor With 25 year Warranty – This is a pretty good motor power (continuous duty) at this price point. Plus it’s covered by a 25 year warranty which gives you added protection since the motor can be the most expensive part of the treadmill to fix.
2) Listen To Your Favorite Music While Working Out – You can plug in your iPod or Mp3 player and listen to your favorite music through the built in sound system.
The 2.0 Intermix Acoustics sound system is one of Proform’s more advanced speaker systems – the sound is much better than many similar treadmills with music ports.
3) ProTech Cushioning Reduces Impact By 15% – This cushioning system can reduce impact on your joints by 15% as compared to road running. While it’s not the most advanced system out there, for this price point, it’s still quite good.
4) Workout With Jillian Michaels From ‘The Biggest Loser’ – The 590T comes with an iFit card reader in the console. iFit workout cards offer 8 weeks of personal trainer workouts (per card).
You insert the card directly into the treadmill’s console and the program will automatically adjust your speed and incline to fit the workout’s goals. The voice of a personal trainer talks to you through the speakers, guiding you through the workout.
Proform has teamed up with Jillian Michaels of ‘The Biggest Loser’ TV show and you can even get Jillian-designed workouts – with Jillian coaching you through the workout.
5) Burn More Calories with 12 Quick Calorie Burning Workouts – You can choose the number of calories you want to burn and the treadmill will adjust the speed and incline of your treadmill to meet that goal. There are 12 workouts and you can choose to burn from 200 – 750 calories.
6) Folding to Save Space – The 590T folds up to save space – a handy feature if you have a smaller workout area or want to move the treadmill around.
7) Backlit Console Makes Workout Stats Easier To Read – Many consoles on treadmills at this price point can be difficult to read. The 590 comes with a blue backlit console that makes it easy to see your workout stats. There’s also a racetrack function so you can monitor where you are in your workout.