NordicTrack Incline Trainer X3 Review
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X3
The NordicTrack Incline Trainer X3 offers from 0% up to 40% incline which can help you burn 5X the calories (vs walking on a flat treadmill).
In fact, many of the contestants on the TV Show ‘The Biggest Loser’ used an incline trainer to drop pounds fast.
So if you’ve struggled to get results in the past – or if you just want the biggest bang for your buck, you may want to consider the X3 trainer.
- Price: $1199
- Motor: 2.8 HP
- Speed: 0 -10 MPH
- Incline: 0-40%
- Treadbelt: 20 x 51″
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes with Wireless Chest Strap
- Workout Programs: 9 Incline Trainer Programs + iFit workouts + Random Trail Generator
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Motor, 1 year on Parts and Labor
- iPod dock with Intermix Acoustics™ 2.0 EQ Sound System
The NordicTrack incline trainer X3 is an upgrade on your typical treadmill. With up to 40% inclines, you can burn 5X the calories (vs walking on a flat plane) and see results in a very short time.
If you don’t really care about high-incline walking or you’re a runner you may want to go with a machine with better cushioning and a longer belt like the Sole F80.
Product Pros And Cons
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X3
1) Burn Up To 5X More Calories with up to 40% Incline
The X3 gives you up to 40% inclines. (Most treadmills offer inclines of 10-12%).
Incline walking forces your muscles through a greater range of motion and you can burn 3X more calories (walking on a 25% incline) and 5X more calories (walking on a 40% incline) as compared to walking on a flat incline. This means faster results in less time.
If you don’t have a lot of time to workout but still want to get the most from your exercise sessions, the incline trainer is a great way to fast-track your progress.
2) Work Out With Jillian Michaels from ‘The Biggest Loser’
The Nordictrack X3 console comes with an iFit card reader. iFit cards hold 8 weeks of interactive workouts per card.
You just insert the iFit card into the console and the machine remembers where you left off and starts the next workout. The treadmill will adjust the speed and incline of your machine to meet the various workout goals like weight loss, performance, etc.
Nordic Track has partnered with personal trainer Jillian Michaels to make her own specialized iFit workout cards. You actually get Jillian coaching you through your workout. Very cool.
3) Random Trail Generator with 9 Built-In Workouts
In addition to the Jillian Michaels workouts you also get 9 built-in incline trainer workouts. The Random Trail Generator takes these workouts and rearranges them. This keeps things fresh and challenging since you never know what you’re going to get.
You can also choose a workout based on how many calories you want to burn – another feature that can fast-track your progress.
5) iPod Port with Console Speakers
You can plug your iPod or MP3 player into the built-in jack and listen to your favorite music while you workout. While an iPod jack is becoming fairly common, the Intermix Acoustics 2.0 EQ Sound system is more advanced and gives you better sound quality than previous models.
3) Burn Calories Twice As Fast As A Treadmill – The main advantage of the Treadclimber machines is that you can burn twice the number of calories in the same time as a treadmill workout.
This means you can get very fast results. Some Treadclimber users lose up to 5 pounds a week – which makes a huge difference in the way your body looks and feels.
4) Low Impact – Because the dual treadles rise to meet each step, this gives a lower impact workout (than for example, treadmill walking). This means less chance of injury which makes it a great alternative for people who want to stay fit without the stress on their joints.
Also, if you have bad knees and don’t want to aggravate them with a treadmill workout, the Treadclimber gives a great workout with less impact.
5) 12 Intensity Settings – You can choose from 12 intensity settings while working out on the TC3000 which can keep you challenged. Keep in mind that you have to get off the machine to set the resistance.