Epic View 550 Treadmill Review 2020
Epic View 550 Treadmill
The Epic View 550 Treadmill is one of Epic’s most popular treadmills – probably because of the built-in TV.
With a strong 3.0 CHP commercial motor, 7″ Flat Screen TV, adjustable cushioning system, iPod dock with speakers, it’s guaranteed to keep you entertained while you workout.
- Price: $1299 (Regular $1999)
- Motor: 3.0 CHP Odyssey II™ commercial motor
- Speed: 0 – 12 MPH
- Incline: 0-12%
- Treadbelt: 20 x 60″
- Folding: Yes
- 350 lb Weight Capacity Deck
- Lifetime Frame warranty, 12-year motor warranty and 1 year of parts and labor
The Epic View 550 treadmill gives you a strong 3.0 HP motor power, a high 350 lb user weight capacity and an extra long belt. Plus you get some neat goodies like a built in TV, 28 personal trainer workouts and music port for your mp3 Player.
While the overall value is good, it does fall down a bit in terms of warranty and you can get more with other similarly priced brands like Nordic Track. However if you’re looking for a strong treadmill with a “Best Buy” award, the Epic 550 may be right for you.
Product Pros And Cons
Epic View 550 Treadmill
1) 3.0 CHP Odyssey II™ Commercial Motor – This is a great motor power at this price point and great if you’re planning to workout for long periods of time as the treadmill has the power to handle it.
2) 7″ Flat Screen TV with Multi-Colored Displays – If you get bored easily, you’ll appreciate this build-in TV. You can watch TV and track your workout at the same time – or just choose to watch TV. When the TV is off, the screen shows all of your workout displays, plus a multi-color intensity profile, that displays your workout’s intensity visually.
3) iPod Port with Built-In Speakers – Plug in your iPod/mp3 player and listen to your favorite music while you work out.
While this is becoming a fairly standard feature in treadmills at this price range, it’s still nice to have in a treadmill and users really like it during their exercises.
4) 28 Personal Trainer Workouts – These workouts were designed by a personal trainer and they automatically adjust the incline and speed of your treadmill, each focusing on an aerobic, weight loss or performance goal.
5) 2008 ‘Best Buy’ Award – The Epic View 550 received a ‘Best Buy’ award in 2008 from a leading consumer magazine.