The month got away from me I guess so this is going to be a really long workout recap!
Here’s what I’ve been up to since my last update. By the way, our gym uses Wodify now and holy smokes it’s awesome. I don’t have to write everything down now or worry if I can’t find where I wrote something down. I can just go back in Wodify and look it up. If your box isn’t using it yet, you are missing out!
- 11/5/13: Crossfit. I went head to head with the hubs in finding our max effort 500m row time. Blast that man – he beat me. Hubs 1:34 Me:1:42 Rematch is coming!
- 11/6/13: off
- 11/7/13: Crossfit.
- 11/8/13: off
- 11/9/13: off
- 11/10/13: off (Bartow race weekend – did a TON of walking all weekend though….so didn’t necessarily sit on my butt for three days. Just sayin’….)
- 11/11/13: Crossfit: Honoring our veterans, we did the WOD Rahoi. As many rounds and reps in 12 minutes: 12 box jumps, 6 thrusters, 6 bar facing burpees.
U.S. FBI Supervisory Special Agent Gregory J. Rahoi, 38, of Brookfield, Wisconsin, assigned to the Hostage Rescue Team, based in Quantico, Virginia, was killed on December 6, 2006, during a live-fire tactical training exercise at Fort A.P. Hill, near Bowling Green, Virginia. He is survived by his parents, Natalie and Richard, sister Teri, and fiancee Paula Paulk.
- 11/12/13: Crossfit. We’ve all seen this Bring Sally Up video, right? We’ve done that warm up in the past but tonight our coach put a twist on it. We did Bring Sally Up with push ups – good burn! (see here)
- 11/13/13: Crossfit
- 11/14/13: Ran 2 miles 19:29
- 11/15/13: We did a max effort 1 mile run. The hubs beat me AGAIN! The hubs 7:46, Me 7:56. I had more…should have pushed more. Rematch here as well!
- 11/16/13: off
- 11/17/13: Ran 4.3 miles 50:49
- 11/18/13: Crossfit. RX’d Annie (50-40-30-20-10 of double unders and sit ups) for the first time! 9:08. Remember when I said I needed to work on double unders and had never gotten past 11 consecutive? Well, I planned on scaling Annie and cutting the DU’s in half since I didn’t think I would be consistent enough to finish without taking forever. Round 1: I was at 23 unbroken DU’s and in my head going “Holy crap, I can RX this”. And I did. Not sure what clicked for me all the sudden but what a freakin rush to get them and feel confident and strong!
- 11/19/13: Crossfit. We did Grace tonight. Grace is 30 Clean & Jerks for time. RX for girls is 95#. I did this WOD and PR’d with 3:35 in September. I was hoping for another PR. You know what though – I was a minute SLOWER, and it bothered me. But just like I said yesterday, you have to listen to your body and be smart and for me, 4:35 was as fast and safe as it was gonna get. I have been dealing with a bum elbow for several weeks and not lifting heavy. This was really one of my first workouts back with a heavy weight – so I refuse to beat myself up over it. I am happy I did it RX and 4:35 is not bad!
- 11/20/13: off
I like seeing the consistency here. Something I’m really thankful for? That the hubs is now with me almost every time at Crossfit! It’s hard to remember him NOT being there with me and sad for all the time we missed when he didn’t come. He is doing so well though and loving it. He “gets” my NEED to be there now!
A few more things:
- You still have time to enter to win the Seventh Avenue Apothecary gift set compliments of Oxford Exchange (ENTER HERE). These soy candles are hand poured right here in Ybor city and the gift set really is lovely. All you have to do to enter is post a comment on that post telling me about one of your holiday traditions. I’ll pick a winner tomorrow.
- Remember when I told you about my weight loss goal? Well I only have 7 weeks to go and I’m sweating it! I was on target to hit it and then, well life throws you a curve ball. I’m still pushing and will give more of an update next week!
- New favorite snacks from Onnit. Tanka Bar - buffalo meat with cranberries and pepper blend – amazing! Hemp Force protein bar – so good, so filling. Great company – check them out!
And finally, a #tbt for you. Daddy, take my hand and never let go.