I adore Kym over at Travel Babbles. I was a reader of hers long before she and I experienced the same life changing event (her story/my story). I loved this post so much and thought I would borrow a variation of it from her (and give props to Little Miss Momma for the original post)!
I am weird because…
- I love the smell of fresh asphalt.
- I always baby talk to animals.
- I never go to bed without washing my face and always sleep with my hair up.
- I love reality TV (Big Brother, Housewives of NJ and OC).
- I shop when I am depressed. I’ll fill a cart at Target but end up walking around putting most of the stuff back.
- I can’t sleep without a blanket.
- I have lists everywhere in my house with “baby names” that I fear I will never get to use.
- I hate being the kid-less friend.
- I gag very easily and once I start I normally can’t stop until I either walk away or have ended up puking (or peeing) – it’s especially *fun* when I am with family and they take enjoyment from bringing it on. =)
- I have a shoe, purse, jewelry, workout clothes obsession that borders on hoarding.
- I walk around my house naked (tmi?)
- I’m not the tidy one in my marriage but I will help someone else clean or do laundry with joy – I just don’t enjoy doing my own.
- I jiggle my foot over the edge of the bed to put myself to sleep (much to my husbands *delight*).
- I have t-shirts from high school, races and vacations that I never wear but can’t bring myself to throw away.
I am a bad friend because…
- I would rather stay in then go out.
- I can be bad at returning texts if I get busy.
- I am always late to everything.
- I tend to spend more time with the kids at any given party vs. the adults.
- I am like having another kid around at times.
- I’ve embarrassed myself (and my friends/family) too many times because of alcohol.
I am a good friend because…
- My friends happiness means more to me than my own.
- I get joy from making other’s happy (and laugh).
- I’ll always be the listener.
- I can always be relied on to be “there” even if I arrive late.
- I treat their kids like they were my nieces or nephews (that’s a good thing).
- I take pride in others success and achievements.
I am sad because…
- I wish all my family could get along.
- I fear I will never become a mom.
- I despise selfish, ugly behavior and lately see it too often in others.
- There never seems like enough time to do all the things I want and spend time with all the people in my life.
- People in my life are suffering from illnesses and disease and there is nothing that I can do (but pray).
I am happy because…
- I am married to my best friend and he loves me unconditionally and shows me infinite grace and forgiveness.
- I have a great job.
- I am surrounded by amazing people in my life.
- I feel strong and healthier now more than ever.
- I found a passion in Crossfit.
I am excited for…
- My trip to NC next month to see family!
- New beginnings for friends.
- Racing season for the hubs.
- What the future might hold!
Now it’s your turn! Tell me about you using the same format and answer how they apply to you and your life! Share in the comments or give me the link to your blog post!