There are some things that seem “typical” of healthy living bloggers and I fall into some of the areas with pride. There are a few, however, that I just don’t do and I thought it would be funny to run through a few of them:
1. I don’t eat or like overnight oats. Tried it – don’t like it – end of story.
2. I don’t love sparkly headbands. I have tried here people – those suckers don’t stay on my head. I don’t care what each of the company’s tout about non-slipping – my head is just oddly shaped I guess.
3. I don’t get twitter. Again, I try but I just don’t get it or have the time for it. And twitter chats? Forget it! Maybe if I had someone sit down with me and explain it because I do hear how much fun some people have with it….
4. I don’t love and adore Greek yogurt – it’s just meh.
BUT, there are some things I have gotten from healthy living blogging that make me just like all the rest:
1. I have perfected and love the “green smoothie”.
2. I am all about the selfie and posting to social media. No, I’m not vain – in fact most of my “selfies” are terrible shots of me all sweaty and gross in my post workout glow. But I read somewhere that if you don’t take a picture of it and post it to social media, it never happened – so I follow that logic (that’s a joke people). =)
3. I take before and afters.
4. I chronicle my workouts – probably in so much detail that you lose interest – sorry not sorry!
5. I own more running/workout apparel than “normal” clothes.
6. I talk about my blog friends almost as much as my IRL friends and have actually made a few blog friends into IRL friends!