I used to love when Bex did her Thursday Latelies and I’m sad that she has stopped doing them. There have been so many things that I am loving lately though, so I thought I would do my own!
No build up needed – these are just a few things I wanted to share that I am loving lately:
1. Yes To Tomatoes. I has heard a lot about this brand but had never tried it. Lately my face was feeling dry with the moisturizer I had been using and I had been having a few problem areas. I picked up the Yes to Tomatoes moisturizer and mask. I have only used the mask once, and I did like it, but the moisturizer? I cannot get enough of it. It goes on so smooth, leaves my face soft and silky and smells amazing. My problem areas have also cleared up as well. The “Yes To” brand has several other “flavors” as well, that all do something different for your skin based on your skin type. There is Yes To Blueberries, Yes To Carrots, Yes To Cucumber and of course, Yes To Tomatoes.
Here is a description and information on the moisturizer:
Yes to skin-loving lycopene to balance blotchiness and yes to watermelon and red tea to control oil and banish blemishes. If your pores were a secret club, lycopene would be the bouncer. This powerful anti-oxidant blocks free-radicals and keeps your skin balanced. Fruit acids naturally help clear your complexion – so your skin can party on.
- 98% natural product
- Free of petroleum and SLS
Made with natural ingredients so product discoloration may occur.
I really like this one and will certainly look forward to trying more of their products in the future!
2. Hempz – herbal body moisturizer (original scent). I originally got a sample of this through my Birchbox and fell in love with it – very sad when that sample ran out. I was so excited when I saw it available to buy at Ulta! It smells so good and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.
3. Gel Manicures! I may be VERY late to the party on these but I got my very first gel manicure on January 21, 2013. This is how my nails still look today!
You can obviously see up close where my nails have grown out but they are still shiny and have no chipping. For someone who usually can’t go a day without getting a chip or smudge, this is amazing to me. Something else that bothered me about straight polished nails is how they could leave a streak or transfer onto paper. I work with a lot of original documents and paperwork at my job and the last thing I need is to leave a polish line or streak of color on something. I haven’t had one issue with that with this gel manicure. If you have never had one, try it! It has been fun having my nails stay nice for weeks – even with all the Crossfit I do too!
4. Weekend Adventures. Over the past few weeks I have had the opportunity to try several new things with friends and it has been so much fun. Quick little day trips and quality time. Here are a few things we have done that you should check out if you are in the Tampa Bay (or surrounding) areas: Safari Wilderness, Suncoast Primate Sanctuary, Dade City Wild Things, and Wall Springs Park. Here are some pictures from my visit to each place. *Dade City Wild Things does NOT allow pictures, so I only have a picture of me on the trolley heading over to the zoo. It stunk to not be allowed to take pictures but I promise you, the place is great!
What are you loving lately?